1. ALUMATES Ltd is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using any of our Apps, Websites or Services then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
2. ALUMATES may change this policy from time to time. Changes to our policy will be updated on our Apps, Websites and/or Services only. You should check our policy from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any modifications. This policy was last updated on 24 October 2017.
WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT
3. We may collect the following information:
• Name and job title
• Gender and date of birth
• Contact information including telephone number and email address
• Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
• Other information required or relevant to registration for our events and/or products
• Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
4. In order to become an ALUMATES User, you must provide us the following information to create an account: first name, last name, email address and password. Without this minimal amount of information, you cannot create an account. ALUMATES may request other information from you during the account creation process, (e.g., gender, location, etc.) that ALUMATES uses to provide better, more customized marketing services such as updates, better ads, and more valuable information. You acknowledge that this information is personal to you, and by creating an account on our websites; you allow ALUMATES and selected third parties, to identify you and to allow to use your information in accordance with our User Agreement.
6. In the course of serving advertisements or optimizing the services to our ALUMATES Users, we may allow authorized third parties to place or recognize a unique cookie on your browser. Any information provided to third parties through cookies will not be personally identifiable but may provide general segment information (e.g. your industry or geography or information about your professional or educational background) for the enhancement of your user experience by providing more relevant advertising. Most browsers are initially set up to accept cookies, but you can reset your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. Our Websites and Services do not store unencrypted personally identifiable information in the cookies.
7. To support the services we provide at no cost to our ALUMATES Users, as well as provide a more relevant and useful experience for our Users, we target and serve our own ads and also ads from third-parties.
8. We target ads to ALUMATES Users based on general profile information or on non-personally identifiable information inferred from a User’s profile (e.g. industry, school, gender, age, nationality, or other relevant information). ALUMATES does not provide personally identifiable information to any third party ad network.
10. You have the ability to accept or decline cookies by modifying your browser preferences. You can accept all cookies, be notified when a cookie is set, or reject all cookies.
RIGHTS TO ACCESS, CORRECT AND ELIMINATE INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
11. You have a right to access, modify, correct and eliminate the data you supplied to ALUMATES. If you update any of your information, we may keep a copy of the information that you originally provided to us in our archives for uses documented in this policy. You may amend your information by logging onto the App or Service and accessing your user profile. You may delete your account either by logging onto the App or Service and accessing your user profile or you may request deletion of your information at any time by contacting email@example.com. We will respond to your request within 30 days. Please note, however, that we may retain some anonymised information for site statistics and internal use and that information you have shared with others, or that other ALUMATES Users have copied, may also remain visible even if you request its deletion.
12. ALUMATES will retain your information for so long as your account is active or as needed to provide you our Services. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce this Agreement.
WHAT WE DO WITH THE INFORMATION WE GATHER
15. We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
Internal record keeping
16. To enhance our products and service we may periodically send promotional email about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided
17. From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes.
18. We may contact you by email, phone, text or mail.
19. We may use the information to customize the Apps, Websites or Services according to demographic interests.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
20. Our Apps, Websites or Services may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
CONTROLLING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
21. You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
a. When you are asked to fill in a form on any of our Websites or Services, look for the tick box(es) that indicate(s) you do not want the information to be used for direct marketing purposes.
b. If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time either by amending your user profile or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and stating that you would like to be removed from our marketing lists.
c. To remove yourself from email communications, you can either amend your user profile or you can send an email to email@example.com stating that you would like to be removed from our marketing lists.
d. You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
e. If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to us or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
22. We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we safeguard and secure the information we collect online via electronic and managerial procedures.
23. To protect any data you store on our servers, ALUMATES also regularly audits its system for possible vulnerabilities and attacks. However, since the internet is not a 100% secure environment, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to ALUMATES. There is no guarantee that information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards.
24. As an ALUMATES User, you have certain obligations to other ALUMATES Users. Some of these obligations are imposed by applicable law and regulations, and others have become commonplace in user-friendly communities of like-minded members such as ALUMATES:
26. You must not download or otherwise disseminate any information that may be deemed to be injurious, violent, offensive, racist or xenophobic, or which may otherwise violate the purpose and spirit of ALUMATES and its community.
27. You must not provide to ALUMATES and/or other Site Users and/or ALUMATES Users information that you believe might be injurious or detrimental to your person or to your professional or social status.
28. You must keep your password confidential and not share it with others.
29. Any violation of these guidelines may lead to the restriction, suspension or termination of your account at the sole discretion of ALUMATES.
HOW TO CONTACT US